We are putting together an anthology called Grace Gab: Don’t Do Better, Do It With Jesus. Submissions are opening soon and we would love to have you join us.
This will be our third anthology. Our first anthology, Candid Conversations, was published in August of 2018. Here’s what some readers’ had to say about it:
“Something truly amazing happened when the authors of this book opened their hearts and shared their life experiences. I not only related to every story I read, I was also reintroduced to God’s presence, love, and grace with each one. This book brought the peace I long for in my crazy mom life.” ~ Gina Q., A Real Christian Mama
“Heartfelt, amazing, honest life stories. This is an inspirational book. I plan to read this one again and again.” ~ Melissa, A Goodreads Reviewer
“In Candid Conversations, different struggles that many Christians face are highlighted and addressed through guidance from scriptures. The book points to the presence of the Holy Spirit that continually works within us. It also focuses on Christ who, despite our imperfections, continues to love us.” ~ Edith Wairimu of Readers’ Favorite
Candid Conversation has been used at multiple churches for women’s studies. One woman wrote, “Candid Conversations gave us an opportunity to meet new friends, connect with old friends and more importantly connect with God through stories.”
Our second anthology, Faith Talk, releases August 23rd, 2021.
The Benefits of Contributing To An Anthology
If you have never contributed to an anthology before, they can be a huge benefit to you as an author. Some of the benefits include:
- Name Recognition – While your name may not appear on the cover, you can add it to your Amazon Author page. Your name will also appear on the page with your chapter, and your author bio will be in the back of the book. The more often people see your name, the more they will come to know you as an author and be more willing to spend money to buy your books.
- Introduces Your Writing To New Readers – Along with that exposure comes new readers reading your writing. It’s not just your name, it’s like a free advertisement for your other books.
- Increased Amazon Rankings – Amazon introduced author rankings in 2012. While no one knows their algorithm for determining the exact author rankings, it’s pretty clear that the more often you publish and the more sales you get, the higher you rank as an author. The last time I contributed to an anthology, my author rank sky rocked when it was launched. NOTE: Amazon retired author rankings this year, however, the number of books you publish and how many copies you sell, may still play into how your other books rank.
- No Publishing or Marketing Costs – Heather Hart, the founder of Candidly Christian is fronting all the costs of publishing this book. She will take care of the publishing, formatting, editing, marketing, everything. All you have to do is write a chapter and it will be published for you.
- A Whole Team Working With You – When you have a dozen authors working together to market a book, it usually gets pretty awesome exposure. This is highest during the book launch when all the authors work together and readers are trying to figure out who everyone is. But a book is a gift that keeps on giving – to both the readers and the authors.
- And More – There have been whole blog posts written about the benefits of contributing to anthologies. I know I haven’t covered all of them, but you get the idea.
While contributing authors don’t earn royalties and are not paid for their submission to this anthology, they will be able to order paperback copies of the anthology at the cost of printing plus shipping to sell at speaking engagements, book signings, locally, or to give away.
About Grace Gab
Do you understand God’s grace?
Can you grasp the impact it has on your everyday life?
Or do you know it’s there, you’re thankful for it, but you don’t really grasp it. Not like other people do?
Grace Gab is for anyone who is tired of trying to do better, instead let’s do it with grace.
If you’d like to contribute to Grace Gab, you can enter your submission below. Your submission should be roughly 1000 words and include how your faith has impacted your life. The tone should be conversational like you’re sitting down for a cup of coffee with a friend. It can be how you first came to accept Jesus as your savior, how your faith impacts your everyday life, or why your faith is so important to you. If you aren’t sure what that means, you can look at this post for some ideas to get you started.
When writing your submission, consider answering one of the following questions:
- What is God’s grace?
- How does grace impact my everyday life?
- When have you needed grace in your own life (from others or from God)?
- Your testimony should be between 800 and 1,500 words.
- Include a personal testimony about your faith.
- Written in a conversational tone (not teaching or preachy).
- Include at least one Bible verse.
- Your submission should be original and not previously published.
If you have any questions, contact me here.
Unless otherwise noted, all submissions should be sent in by January 31st, 2022. Submission does not guarantee publication.
Thanks for helping impact the lives of women across the globe by your willingness to share your testimony (Rev. 12:11)
Founder of CandidlyChristian.com
If your submission is accepted and published, you understand and agree to the following:
- By submitting a testimony, you are stating that you are the original author of the work and own the publishing rights.
- You grant Heather Hart the right to edit and format your submission for clarity and project consistency. (You will have a chance to review the book before it is distributed.)
- You are granting Heather Hart exclusive publishing and distribution rights of your submission. This includes (but is not limited to) print, digital, and audio format.
Submit Your Testimony
Submissions for this book are opening soon.
If you submit your story for this anthology, you will be notified if your submission has been accepted within a month after the submission period closes.